Monday, May 9, 2011

The Itty Bitty Piece that Stopped Everything

Hope you had a great weekend! Mine? Glad you asked. If I had to put it in a word, I would say "my weekend was revelatory. Simply revelatory...nothing complex...but still deep." Read with me as I explain.

My sister Toni and I went out Friday evening to see a movie for our Mother's day weekend opener. Well, on our way back home from the movie theater, I decided to stop at Walgreens to pick up some pictures that I had ordered. We ran in quickly, paid for the pictures and were back out the door. We then hopped into the car to leave. Well, I started the car and shifted the lever into reverse but to my surprise the car did not move. The gears weren’t shifting into place. I could move the lever but the gears were not shifting! Oh my goodness! HOW COULD IT APPEAR to be shifting BUT IN ACTUALITY IT WASN'T DOING ANYTHING! "How could this be happening," I shouted. I finally took a breath and called my husband, James.

James arrived and found a young man trying to assist us in some way. The young man was trying to be helpful, but we all realized that we were still getting nowhere. After an hour of trying this and that out of complete frustration, I called my insurance company and they called a towing service. I decided to use my husband’s truck to take Toni home. Well the tow truck guy arrived and told James what thought the problem was. He showed James how to maneuver it so that he could drive the car home. Well, it worked! So much so, that it gave James the oomph and confidence to take a look at it the next morning.

So after being under the car for about an hour, James came to me and said, “I think I found your problem.” He then lifted up this extremely tiny, circular piece of plastic. It looked like it had to belong to something bigger for it to have any purpose at all. I immediately thought, “Wow that’s what is causing this! You have got to be kidding!” So, James went to the store and bought a piece like it. It was $6.78. He came home, replaced it and the car was and still is in motion again.

So, my sister called me the next day and I was telling her how the situation turned out. I began to go on and on about how it all revolved around this itty bitty piece. I said “man, that itty bitty piece was able to stop that entire car from functioning rightly. As I said that, I was brought back to the time I had spent reading my bible that morning. I had been reading in I Chronicles where David had numbered the men and the Lord became angry. He offered David a choice of what type of punishment would he rather come under. David chose the one where he would be under the hand of God. BUT, 70,000 men fell under the sword of the Angel of the Lord that day from ONE (1) person’s lack of submission to God. Then the Lord began to reveal the power of one person’s complete submission. He showed me how we can shift things and create right alignment in the Earth simply because we are in a right position of alignment!!! Wow we can be advocates for millions when everyone of us are in the place God has called us to; doing what He tells us to do and saying what He tells us to say. From a right place, we can cause a major SHIFT!

As a side note, I had been ignorantly damaging that little piece on my car by doing something so simple that did not appear harmful at all. I had no idea that missing one step could throw out my entire gear system. Wow…who said ignorance is bliss? In God’s mercy, he sent the right tow truck guy who had experience with this type of problem. He was able to identify the problem and shed light on what I had been doing wrong. At first I felt a little embarrassed because I felt like I had caused the problem; but later I began to feel smarter. In a moment, I learned something I had never known before and it will keep me MOVING IN A MORE SECURE WAY!

There are so many lessons in this one itty bitty moment of time. Even as you read through this posting today,something stood out to you. That is most likely the itty bitty piece that you need to get moving. Apply it to your life today and MOVE FORWARD!

Father, I pray thank you that you allowed something in my life to break down so it could be put together to perform at maximum potential. I thank you for restoring my vehicle and my life to move forward in a better, stronger, more secure way. I pray that you would do the same for all who would read this. In Jesus' name...Amen.

Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NLT)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.




Photo by Ole Houen

2 comments:

  1. I receive that! AMAZING revelatory event is right!I am watching for these little signs along my path too that will cause a real shift. I'm sorry you had to go through that, being stranded is always awful & scary not knowing.YAY for James too!! Great observation and truth revealed!
    Brande
    http://victoryvintageb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your blog Robyn. Good insight.

    ReplyDelete